Welcome to the SANS CISO Network, we are thrilled to have you join us. We are a trusted, private forum where you, the CISOs and security leaders, can share your lessons learned, access new resources and support each other. Please read these points below to get the most out of our network. In addition, members that violate these rules can have their posts deleted or be removed from the forum or platform.
1. Requirement: To be a member of this platform you have to be an approved member of the SANS CISO Network. In addition, you must keep your profile current with at least your full name, location, industry and employer.
2. Members: Want to learn more about someone who posted a comment? Click on their name and read their profile. Even better, you can privately message them. In addition, you can search for members based on their industry, name or location. Simply click on the view members section in the top menu.
3. Discussion Forums: By default your account is configured to follow all discussions. This means anytime anyone posts in either forum you will be notified unless you disable this. To follow any other forum or group, you will have to manually enable or join them.
4. Platform Notifications: In your profile you can edit how often you are notified when people post (hourly, daily, weekly, etc). The default is daily. You can turn off notifications within My Account -> Notifications.
5. Searching Posts: Before asking a question, search for past posts on the same topic. Quite often there is a wealth of information on the forum already. To search past posts, click on the magnifying glass in the menu at the top of the page.
6. Vendor/Sponsors/Media Neutral: This is a vendor neutral platform. This means there are no vendors, sponsors, media or third-parties permitted in this community. In addition, this forum is for sharing lessons learned, it is not the place promote specific vendor products.
7. Thanking: If you like a post someone made, by all means let them know by liking their post or messaging them directly. Please do not post "thanks!" messages on public forums, it overwhelms the list. We will delete such posts.
9. Manners: This platform is for you, but we do expect all our network members to behave in a respectful manner. It rarely happens, but if someone acts inappropriately or tries to promote a product or themselves, we reserve the right to flag this with individual members or remove them from the network.
Thanks for making a difference!
Privacy: Remember this is a private mail list. Any email posting or resources you find on this site cannot be shared with the general public unless specifically stated.